Properly working commercial refrigeration is essential for the functioning of a restaurant, supermarket, or other public (not just commercial) facility, such as a school.
Keeping it in a good working condition should be constant and maintained by a certified HVAC professional.
Common Issues With Commercial Refrigeration
However, issues may appear as with any appliance or system, and in these cases, call a professional service with adequate experience to deal with it properly.
- Frost build-up in the freezer – This usually indicates problems with the defrost system or the evaporator fan motor.
- Refrigeration isn’t cooling accordingly – There could be several reasons why your refrigerator has trouble maintaining the desired temperature: a clogged drain, a dysfunctional thermostat, or a weak door gasket.
- Water leakage from the refrigerator – If you notice the refrigerator is leaking water, the problem could be a plugged drain hose or defrost drain opening.
- Fluids accumulation in the fresh food department – This is usually due to bad or weakened door seals.
- Loud or unusual noises – If the refrigerator generates some strange noise or is getting louder, then there is likely a problem with the fan or the compressor motor is failing.
- Refrigerator stops running – There can be many reasons for this; however, it is often that the thermostat needs to be replaced.
Consider this tip for conserving some energy and better performance of the refrigerator: If possible, keep it in a cooler place, out of direct sunlight, and also away from other appliances that generate heat.
Part of the regular maintenance is an annual check-up of the gaskets and seals on the refrigerators.
Do Not Assume or Wait – Call for Assistance
From the beginning as a sheet metal design, fabrication, and installation company, over the past 30 years, Conditioned Air has expanded its operating platform into a comprehensive design-build mechanical construction and HVAC/R service and maintenance company. We pride ourselves in serving our customers regardless of their location – our priority is solving the issues.